Texas Alcohol and Drug Testing Services Inc. utilizes the service of Nationwide Medical Review of Indianapolis, Indiana. NMR has two doctors on staff with extensive MRO experience.
Standard MRO services include:
- Receiving and reviewing laboratory results and chain-of-custody forms.
- Reporting of negative results to TADTS. This is usually available within 24 to 48 hours. These results are then immediately forwarded to the designated representative.
- Contacting and notifying employees with positive results. Upon notification, employees are told that all information discussed is confidential and will not be released to their employer at this time. Confirmed positive results are reported to TADTS and immediately forwarded to the designated representative.
- Interviewing employees with positive results, seeking medical history or other relevant biomedical information in search of a possible legitimate explanation for the positive result.
Depending on the result of this initial assessment, the MRO may deem it necessary to:
- Consult with the laboratory or collection site personnel.
- Refer the case to a regional physician for further evaluation that may include:
- A review of pertinent records and prescriptions
- A face to face interview and/or
- A physical examination
- Order a retest or reanalysis of the original sample.
Upon conclusion of this process, the MRO will either:
- Determine that the result is scientifically accurate and lacks legitimate medical explanation, and report the result as positive to TADTS. This information will immediately be forwarded to the designated representative.
- Determine that a legitimate explanation exists and report the result as negative to TADTS. This information will immediately be forwarded to the designated representative.