Drug and Alcohol Supervisor Training
This course meets the U.S. Department of Transportation requirements, as described in 49 CFR 382 and 40. A certified Texas Alcohol and Drug Testing Service instructor will provide your supervisors with a one hour alcohol and one hour drug education course. The program also motivates DOT supervisors to act and not cover-up employees with alcohol & drug problems.
The Department of Transportation requires any supervisor who sends or refers employees for drug and/or alcohol testing under a DOT certified drug testing program becomes trained in the administration and implementation of these procedures. By law, anyone carrying a CDL driver’s license must have an initial drug and alcohol screen. These same employees are required to be part of a random testing plan that is managed by the company or a Third Party Administrator (TPA). This training program will ensure the supervisor develops and maintains a complete testing program while limiting the company’s legal and regulatory exposure affiliated with these types of activities.
Who should take this course?
At a minimum, The Department of Transportation requires the following personnel to have training under 49 CFR 382 and 40:
- Transportation Safety Personnel (all levels from Safety Clerk to Director)
- Transportation Dispatch personnel
- All HR and Safety Personnel whose company is required to meet DOT drug testing standards
- Truck Drivers
- Transportation Training Instructors
- Personnel whose responsibility includes development of drug testing programs
- Attorney’s specializing in Transportation
SUPERVISOR TRAINING OUTLINE
- Overview of DOT Federal Regulations
- Alcohol & Drug Testing Procedures
- (FAA,FMCSA, USCG, PHMSA, FRA & FTA)
- Reasonable Suspicion Testing
- Supervisors Responsibilities
- Documentation/Record Keeping
- Prohibited Behaviors
- Course completion Certificate
DOT Drug & Alcohol Supervisor Training Program: Course Fee: $80.00
For the latest class schedule, click on UPCOMING EVENTS tab.
Group Rates Available
For more information, contact the
TADTS Supervisor Training Instructor
Or send email to: